Sunday, June 1, 2008

American Idol

So, I really am not much of an American Idol fan, having only seen parts of a few episodes, but I hear things about the contestants. Maybe you have heard of one of them named David Archuleta, a local Murray boy? Well, our students where we work got a special treat on Sunday night, when he came to our campus with a neighbor who is friends with one of the employees here, and participated in our weekly devotional. He answered a lot of questions and sang a couple of songs. I had never really heard him sing, but he has a beautiful voice. He sang "Angels" and "Be Still My Soul." It was a lot of fun for the girls. They are all making plans to marry him someday. We all got to shake his hand at the end, and I noticed he is very short! He was really nice and funny, and we all had a good time. I know we all put our pants on one leg at a time, but it is fun to have a brush with someone famous once in a while!

No comments: