Monday, November 17, 2008

Remember When We Said, Girl, Please Don't Go...

And how I'd be loving you for-eh-eh-eh-eh-ever, taught you 'bout hangin' tough, as long as you got the right stuff, didn't we girl?

If you recognized the above lyrics, you just might have been a New Kids fan.





My sister-in-law Jennie and I were lucky enough to get FREE TICKETS to the New Kids on the Block on Saturday, and it was A LOT of fun. Lots of old songs, lots of new songs (although there was a little too much crotch grabbing for my liking), lots of 20-30 something women, and a few husbands who were dragged along. I was a little worried that they hadn't aged very well, but those guys had so much energy. They played for over 2 hours, and were exciting the whole time.



But, here is the best part. About halfway through, the group showed up in the middle of the arena:

As they were singing on the piano, security started lining the aisle right in front of us. Jennie turned to me and said, "They are going to come through here." Sure enough, at the end of that set, all five of them walked right in front of us, and I, I, got to touch all 5 of them!!! Even my past crush, Jonathan. Jennie was able to get the pictures below:



See that arm with the green sweater? The one with the hand that is touching Jordan Knight's hand? That's me!

Here are a few more pictures from the evening:

This is a picture of me with the New Kids in the background.


During a slow set,, with Jordan on the big screen behind.




The final bow, right after Hangin' Tough.


A few other highlights from the night:
-Lady GaGa and Natasha Bedingfield were the opening acts. They were fun, but, really, weren't we all just waiting for the New Kids?
-A group of girls coming out of the bathroom with crimped hair and 80s clothes. I could tell they were a little embarrassed, but I thought it was great.
-Donnie wearing an I (heart) Mormon Girls t-shirt
-A few shirts:
--Sorry, Jonathan, I'm married now.
--Jordan was my first crush.
--A guy wearing a "Property of Jordan Knight" shirt

All in all, it was lots of nerdy fun!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!

Jill said...

I'm jealous too! I can't believe you touched Jordon....he was always my favorite!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I'm so jealous you probably can't even comprehend it. I owned their freaking Christmas album!!! And, I can still sing it. And, my high school boyfriend was a totaly Joey look alike.

*sigh*

The Barber Bunch said...

So great! So hilarious! I drove by the E center on my way to the Real Salt Lake game and saw they were there that night! I thought of you! Glad you had fun and thanks for the hilarious info on the guy wearing the Property of..shirt! Good stuff! P.S. Are we going to get together ever? We need to get on this. Let me know what days are best for you.

Mele said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! There's nothing like taking a step back into your youth ;)

kimdavis said...

Like everyone else... I am so jelous! Our family still listens to new kids merry merry chirstmas too!

Alicia said...

I still can't believe you went!! I am sooo envious!! (Jealous was a little overused on this post :) Ok, ok, I am going to put the pressure on Mark to get those tickets for me now!!! I can't believe you got to touch all 5 of them!!!!!! AHHHH!!!

Melissa + Brett said...

Super fun!!! I can't believe you got to touch them. I hope you haven't washed your hand yet!