Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just a Little Update

Hi, all~ I have been getting requests for an update, so here it is:

First, the good news. After getting laid off in November, Matt had found another job, that actually pays better, has better hours, and better benefits. He had been thinking about switching jobs anyway, so the layoffs were just an extra push to find something better (which I can say now that he has found something else).

Lily is doing well. She is having a lot of fun with the Christmas season so far. We got out her Little People nativity that she got for Christmas last year, and she loves it. She has fun looking at Baby Jesus and his mommy and daddy. I tried to explain the whole Joseph caretaker thing, but I don't think she got the whole concept.

And the bad news. I am currently having my third miscarriage. We hadn't told many people yet that I was pregnant again, because of last time. I went in for an ultrasound on Matt's birthday, and unfortunately there was no heartbeat (again). It was extra hard because we had actually already heard the heartbeat twice on two previous ultrasounds, so we thought we were out of the woods. It should have been 10 weeks already, and were planning for a Christmas official announcement, but things probably stopped growing at 8 weeks. I think I am still in denial, and I have been keeping busy, so that helps, but I just can't believe it is happening again. Maybe we will be one of those odd Mormon families with an only child. Lily and my sister Mandy were with me at the ultrasound (Matt was at work), and when the tech told me there was no heartbeat, I started to cry. Lily put her hand on my arm and said, "I so sorry. Hurts real bad? I so sorry," and she gave me a little kiss. I looked at her and I realized that it would all be 10,000 times worse if I didn't have my little Lily. We are so grateful to have her. We are trying to stay hopeful, and hopefully will have success in the future.

Hope all is going well with your holiday preparations, and you are enjoying the Christmas spirit this season!

8 comments:

Amanda Nemelka said...

Well, it seems somehow inappropriate to comment about this on a blog, but I am sorry for your loss. I'm sure there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better at this point, but know we're thinking of you and wishing you well.

Marc and Megan said...

I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart aches for you. I hope your heart is filled with the peace and assurance that God is aware of you and loves you. Thinking of you....

Shelby said...

Ally, I am so sorry! I know how much you want another baby. I really hope thing will work out for you soon

Rachelle said...

I wish I could talk to you in person! I'm so sorry you are going through this again. Is your doctor able to give you any answers? Please know that I am thinking of you and sending some prayers of comfort your way!!! Your little girl sounds like such a sweetheart, by the way.

Arianne said...

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Words just aren't the same as a big hug.

Lily is a beautiful little girl.

Erin said...

Oh Ally I decided to stop in on your blog site and see how things were going and what I found left me in tears! I am so so sorry about your loss. Especially around this time of year. I'm truly so sorry!

Connie said...

I am so sorry, that is so hard for you and your family to deal with. I wish I could give you a hug! I hope you still have a good Christmas. I'm thinking of you.

AMANDAM said...

Ally,
I know it has been a long time but I thought I would check out your blog and I ended up reading this post. I am very sorry about your miscarriage. I'm sure it is a comfort to have Lily but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt lose another one.
Amanda Montague