Wednesday, September 5, 2007

CSW!!!!!!!!!!

So, it is official. I am now a CSW! I got the certificate in the mail today. Two years ago, I graduated from the University of Utah with a Master's of Social Work. A year later, I finally took the ASWB test, which is the test that purports to measure how much social work stuff you know, but is mostly the test that you have to take to get your license to work as a social worker. So, passed that with flying colors, and then this year, I finally finished the application and sent in the money to get my actual license. So, I am officially a Certified Social Worker. This means I can work in a therapeutic setting, as long as I am supervised at least once a week. Then after two years of full time work, or 4000 hours of working, I can then become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. That would pave the way for me to open up my own practice or work for a private practice and choose my own hours. So, it would allow me to work when I want and set my own hours. It's one step closer to my goals. Matt was so cute--he brought it to me from the mailbox and he handed it to me as he was singing a graduation march! It was a very proud moment. If you want to check it out, you can look me up by name at this link:

https://secure.utah.gov/llv/llv

No comments: