Friday, September 28, 2007

My Brother, My Hero

Matt, unfortunately, gets migraines. He doesn't get them nearly as often as he used to, thanks to skilled doctors, lots of tests, and lots of different things that he does to avoid them, but every once in a great while he gets the killer migraine. Now, I have never had a migraine and I hope never to have one, because I have seen how bad they affect him and others I know that have had them. The killer migraine is the worst of the worst. Matt has described it to me as his brain feels like it is going to explode, he can't stand even the smallest bit of light, and he can't stop throwing up. Well, last night he had one of these "killers" and I didn't know what to do. Work was a little hectic-we were already without our live-in because she was on a camping trip, we were doing face painting for our upcoming Scarecrow Festival, Lily was running around, and I had to make a birthday cake for one of the girls. When I came back to our apartment to check on Matt, I saw a cute little PT Cruiser in the parking lot. I thought, that looks like my brother Eddie's car, but then I remembered that he no longer lived nearby. He was, sniff, sniff, up in far away Logan. It couldn't be him, could it? I walked in the house with high hopes, and there he was! I asked him what he was doing here and he said that he was in the area and he wasn't going to stop by, but then he just thought he would for a minute. I almost started to cry. He was an answer to my prayers. Well, to make a long story a little bit shorter, he ended up taking Matt to the Instacare, where Matt ended up getting two shots in the rear. Matt was able to stop throwing up and he was able to sleep for the rest of the night. Eddie then went home, as he had a test the next day. He called me when he got back, which wasn't until almost 11:00, and he said that if I ever needed him again, he was "only" two hours away. What an awesome brother! As it says up top, that night, my brother Eddie was definitely my hero! And to make things even better, Matt felt much better the next day.

No comments: